Mothers Against Police Brutality works to:
- Unite and support Mothers and families nationwide whose children’s lives have been stolen and who have suffered injustice at the hands of local police.
- End the killing of unarmed and mentally ill persons by law enforcement personnel.
- Change police deadly force policies, practices, and training.
- Hold police accountable through independent investigations of misconduct, brutality and homicide by police officers.
- Help restore trust between police and the communities they are sworn to serve and protect.
September 13 – Dallas is America’s Greatest Untold Story of Police Brutality
You’ll learn about our city’s 4-decade history of unaccountable police use of deadly force.
September 20 – Know Your Rights
Find out your rights when you are confronted with local Police, ICE, FBI or you name it.
September 27 – Grand Jury & Trial Jury: How You Can Help deliver Justice
Skilled attorneys will teach you how to serve effectively on either a grand jury (which issues indictments) or a trial jury.
October 4 – Stride Toward Justice – 9 Steps to Change Policing in America
There is a way forward. Come hear MAPB’s proposals for fair and just policing locally, statewide and thrroughout the country.
Free & Open to All.
South Dallas Cultural Center
3400 S. Fitzhugh Ave.
Dallas, TX 75210
For info, call 214.454.3980.
Action to End Police Violence Against the Public
- Special, independent, federal prosecutors in all police shooting cases.
- Drug testing of officers after involvement in police shooting.
- Improved psychological evaluations of officers including evaluation of bias.
- Officers involved in shootings taken off patrol until all investigations are completed; no special treatment of officers as either suspects or witnesses.
- Compensation for victims of police violence and their families.
- Body cameras required for all officers; access to video of deadly force incidents by suspects, their families, and the public.